Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Post No. 033 : The Pen IS the Sword : 5775.04.28.4

Arhur sent out an email today asking:
-----------
There are lots of things that can get us stuck when writing in our journals… not knowing what to write, when to write, the value of what we write, etc. 

So what has you stuck?

Click this link HERE and let me know.
------------

What gets me stuck is something that I can't articulate. If I could find words that describe the opposing force, I could conquer it, subjugate it, make it work for me instead of against me. But it has no name, no reality, it's a morphing nothingness, somehow different all the time while remaining the same. Only an act of pure instinctive will to fight back can get me to lift pen to paper.

The email had quotes of others answering the question. A chance to peek over the shoulder of other journalists.

Someone journaling for a fresh start in life, another journaling to introduce randonmess and havoc and living life without planning -- counterintuitive to the usual uses of a journal, yet elevating in the feeling of freedom that comes from living in the notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment