Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Post No. 029 : Arthur's Email : 5775.04.26

Dogs have stories too.  But even more than that, they have lessons to teach us.

Alex Driving


And that means more than just driving lessons.

I'll tell you mine first and then, if you have a lesson learned from your dog... please tell me yours.  And, let me know if it is ok to share it with this community... incognito... of course :)

When at work in the studio I am pretty focused.  But when my dog comes running thru the doors all excited and looking for me with love to give, I immediately drop what I'm doing and take the time to love on her and with her.

This is actually future training, incognito, for when Eiger, my new grandson, will be old enough to run and come bursting into the room, all excited and with a whole lot of love to give, and me deeply focused on something else. 

It is training that there is no thought, idea or project so important that I cannot put it down for a bit in order to return the love and affection someone is offering.

I think that's how little ones begin to turn inward in their lives... when they offer up little bits of their open and loving selves and...
we make their acts, ideas or thoughts insignificant by giving ours the greater priority or attention
thru a lack of listening or attention to theirs.

Sure, they'll come back again... and then again...
and then less and... less.

Then, one day we'll stop and wonder why our kids don't talk to us anymore (like a dog that does not listen to an unengaged owner).

It's pretty amazing what a dog can teach us if, when they speak (or act), we stop and take the time to love them and... to listen.

Just one reason to own a dog.  They know stuff!

If you have a story please share it.  We would love to hear from you.
 
Safe Travels from Alex and I!
Create and Keep your Stories

 
 
 
Arthur and Alex 
owner, Renaissance Art
 
PS.  Yes, that's Alex in the picture at the beginning of this email, driving to Tent Rocks.
 
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below: 
Unsubscribe


No comments:

Post a Comment