Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Post No. 025 : Journaling not for everyone : 5775.04.23

I promote journaling. I tell people to buy RA journals.

Journaling is not for everyone, however. My experience teaches me that some people would find journaling painful to the point where it would be repulsive.

And journaling can be painful. It's like holding a mirror up to the mind and heart. And the picture may not be pretty. It's a pain to look in the mirror and realize I buttoned my shirt wrong. It's a pain to realize that when I write down about some injustice I've perceived, that my self-righteousness can peep out of the argument like straw from cracks in the walls of the barn. I can find the mansion of my mind is not the lodging of logic I supposed it was. The castle of my consciousness, may be, instead, a house of hooey.

Some people apparently are satisfied with who they are. They feel no need to reflect on anything they say or do. For them, journaling would be a pointless chore. They don't really care about what they are thinking or feeling. Arthur alluded to this in Post No. 10, and I commented on it in Post No. 11.

So, journaling is not only about building. It's about destroying, too. Starting all over, sometimes. Going back to Square One. Rebooting.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment