Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Post No. 016 : Arthur's Email : 5775.04.14

Pages from my Journal #1 :: Renaissance Art
Many of you emailed me and asked to see the pages of my journal.  So here is what I wrote yesterday and this morning. 

I write sporadically and at no certain time of day or even every day. I write when I have something to say and want to listen to it.


For example, These 2 pages of my journal were written at 930 last nite, at 1am and my first thot when I woke this morning.  Last nite, I had just turned off the hot water filling the tub and went to make some tea. I had not written all day.  But, on the way from the tub to the kitchen counter I was struck with something and so, as my tea steeped, on the kitchen counter, that is what I wrote.  It is on the left side page and the top of the right side page.  Two different thoughts, one right after the other and completely unexpected.


Sometimes I think ahead as I write and want to finish the thing I am writing but do not want to lose my other thot.  So I write the other thot sideways and put it in a box.  This one happened to connect to what I was writing but that is not always the case.  I just don't want to lose my thots and so when thinking ahead, this is what I do to remember them.


The next entry on the right side page in the middle was at 1am as I woke to a sound under my bed.

And the next, at the bottom of the right side page, immediately when I woke up this morning.  I have had so much to do every day lately and so this is how I felt.  And then I wrote 1-1/2 pages about one reason to have a dog.  Not sure where that came from but it was there and wanting to come out. 

Sometimes I cannot stop writing and other times I cannot start.  So I don't.  I have no schedule.  Sometimes I go for weeks without writing.

It's important that we write when we have something to say and listen to and let all the rest lie silent.
Safe Travels from Alex and I!
Create and Keep your Stories


 
Arthur and Alex 
owner, Renaissance Art
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below: 
Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment